Forward my domain
Forward your domain to send visitors to a different page when they visit your domain. Forwarding is useful when you’ve already built a website elsewhere, or if you want to connect your domain to a social media page.
GoDaddy has excellent support so it may be easiest to just give them a phone call at
GoDaddy Support 1 (480) 463-8389
Otherwise, here are instructions to do it yourself:
• Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
• Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
• Under Additional Settings, select Manage DNS.
• Under Forwarding, select Add next to Domain or Subdomain. If you select a subdomain, enter the subdomain (maximum of 25 characters) in the Subdomain field.
• Under Forward to, choose http:// or https:// for the destination URL your domain will forward to.
• Enter the destination URL in the blank field. These is where we’ll send visitors to your domain name.
• First and last characters must be a number or letter
• Periods (.) are supported
• Maximum of 1000 characters
• Consecutive periods (…) are not supported
• Underscores (_) are not supported
• Under Forward type, select 301 or 302 redirect.
• Choose your forwarding Settings to determine how your redirect will function:
• Forward only: Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field and the destination URL will show in the browser address bar.
• Forward with masking: Redirects to the site you specified in the Forward To field and your domain name will show in the browser address bar instead of the destination URL. Enter your details for at least one of the Meta Tag types:
• Title: A short phrase (maximum 80 characters) that displays on the browser tab and in search results.
• Description: A short description (maximum of 150 characters)of your website to display in search engine results.
• Keywords: A list of keywords (maximum of 500 characters) that describes the content and purpose of your website.
• Select Save. We’ll automatically update your domain to GoDaddy nameservers if they aren’t with us.
Please allow up to 48 hours for your DNS changes to take full effect globally.